Carrot Coconut Soup11
Prep and Cook Time: 30 minutes
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. + 3 cups bone broth
- 2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, sliced
- 4 medium cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 tsp curry powder or turmeric
- 2 cups sliced carrots, about 1/4-inch thick
- 1 cup sweet potato, cut into about 1/2-inch cubes
- 5 oz. coconut milk
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- Chop onion and let it sit for at least five minutes to bring out its health benefits.
- Heat 1 Tbsp. broth in a medium soup pot. Sauté onion in broth over medium heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often.
- Add garlic and ginger and continue to sauté for another minute.
- Add curry powder or turmeric and mix well with onions.
- Add broth, carrots, and sweet potato and simmer on medium high heat until vegetables are tender, about 15 minutes.
- Add coconut milk.
- Blend in batches making sure blender is not more than half full. When it’s hot, and the blender is too full, it can erupt and burn you. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Return to soup pot and reheat.